At Helander, we’ve provided metal forming and other fabrication services since 1936. This extensive experience, combined with our advanced equipment and highly skilled employees, enables us to deliver high-quality precision metal components to customers across a wide range of industries. Two of our core customer markets are the aerospace and defense industries.
Need metal parts and products you can trust for your aerospace or defense project? Read on to learn why we are the ideal partner for all metal component needs.
1. We Meet Tight Tolerances
In the aerospace and defense industries, components must be designed to strict guidelines and manufactured to tight tolerances. Otherwise, there is a risk of the component malfunctioning or underperforming in the application, which, depending on the application, can lead to catastrophic consequences.
Our experts have the knowledge, skills, and tools needed to meet and/or exceed these guidelines and tolerances, ensuring you receive components you can trust in your critical applications. We offer hydroforming, metal spinning, and welding capabilities for all grades of aluminum, brass, stainless steel, and titanium in thickness ranging from 0.018 to 1.5 inches. Our equipment enables us to handle products up to 100 inches in diameter with tolerances down to ±.001 inches in volumes ranging from one piece to 100,000 pieces.
2. We Offer Quick Turnaround
In addition to meeting strict tolerances, we accommodate tight timelines. We deliver products to domestic and international customers with practical lead times.
3. We Have Extensive Experience
Helander has supplied industrial and commercial customers with metal formed and fabricated components for over 80 years. The knowledge and skills gained from this experience set us apart from the competition. We have what it takes to develop and deliver quality parts and products that meet some of the most rigid specifications and standards.
Some the standards we are certified to/comply with are:
- ISO 9001:2015: ISO 9001 establishes the criteria for quality management systems used by organizations in any industry. We’ve maintained certifications for this standard since 1999.
- AS9100D: Similar to ISO 9001, AS9100 establishes the criteria from quality management systems. However, it specifically targets aerospace manufacturers.
- NADCAP: Attaining National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program (NADCAP) certification as an aerospace industry manufacturer necessitates meeting a number of industry standards, including AS9100 Rev. D and AWS D17.
- ITAR: Certification to International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) standards is necessary for any company working in the military and defense industry. The standards establish criteria for the import and export of national defense products, services, equipment.
- PPAP: The Production Part Approval Process is a set of requirements and measurements that any prospective supplier must meet before entering a supply chain.
Partner With Helander for Your Precision Metal Component Needs
If you need precision metal components for your aerospace or defense project, trust in the experts at Helander. Our long history of meeting some of the strictest specifications and standards with quick turnaround makes us a trusted partner in the aerospace, defense, and other critical industries. To learn more about our metal forming and fabricating services, contact us today. To discuss your project requirements with one of our team members, request a quote.
Specifications for the Aerospace and Defense Industry
|Capabilities Applied/Processes||Hydroforming, Spinning
|Material Thickness||0.018" to 0.250"
|Product Diameter||up to 80"
|Cutting Method||CNC Turning & Milling
|Material Used||Titanium, 321 Stainless Steel, 7075 Aluminum, 5052 Aluminum, 6061 Aluminum, S/S, Brass
|Industry for Use||Aerospace & Defense
|Volume||1pcs to 50,000pcs
|Delivery Time||4 to 12 weeks
|Typical Tooling Cost||$1500.00 to $5000.00