Here at Helander, we’re proud to manufacture industry-leading commercial food equipment for various applications, making use of stainless steel and other popular metals such as aluminum, brass, and copper.
For stainless steel kitchen equipment fabrication, in particular, 300 series stainless steel is our most popular material choice. More specifically, food-preparation parts and equipment are typically produced using 304 and 316 series stainless steel. The 300 series stainless steels are well-known for their high resistance to corrosion, easy maintenance, and ability to maintain their strength at high temperatures.
Though 300 series stainless steel is the most common pick for kitchen equipment, the 400 series is also suitable, exhibiting many of the same characteristics as 300 options, albeit it to a lesser extent. Manufacturing kitchen equipment with 400 series stainless steel typically allows for lower costs.
Common Stainless Steel Kitchen Applications
Stainless steel is used to fabricate a wide range of kitchen equipment and tools. A few examples are listed below.
- Pressurized steamers for the quick heating of foods
- Various kitchen sink components, drain systems, and disposals
- Large bowls for the candy industry
- Large heating and soup bowls that can be customized for specific fit, form, and function to serve big crowds
The Benefits of Stainless Steel for Kitchen Equipment
Stainless steel offers a number of unique benefits, including:
- Rust and stain resistance to protect work surfaces
- Resistance to dings, dents, and scratches
- Ability to complete easy, cost-efficient commercial kitchen equipment upgrades
- Reliable longevity, easy cleaning procedures, and germ resistance
- Rapid transfer of heat
- Easy matching with nearly any type of decor
- High availability of coordinating equipment and components
Reliable metal fabricators will be able to provide high-quality surface finishing services for stainless steel kitchen equipment, which is critical for optimal performance and safety; food preparers simply won’t be able to do their work on rough surfaces.
For more than 80 years, Helander has been a trusted partner to various Fortune 500 companies and small businesses, providing industry-leading metal forming and fabricating services for a huge range of industrial and commercial applications, including those within the safety-critical food and beverage sector.
To learn more about our stainless steel kitchen equipment fabrication services and discuss your options with an expert, reach out to the team today.